Then take a look at our “Staff Picks” page:
Selections include titles ranging in genre from fiction to non-fiction, and in age range from children through adult.
Still stumped? Then try these resources:
- Novelist – A reader’s advisory service that provides information and resources on over 200,000 titles, 75,000 full-text reviews, and more than 36,000 subject headings to help locate the best in fiction. Coverage has recently been expanded to include more than 60,000 non-fiction titles in the following genres: Adventure, Arts & Entertainment, Biography & Memoir, True Crime, Business & Money, Current Events & Politics, and Sports & Competition.
- Novelist K-8 – A reader’s advisory service that specifically targets children and young adults. It contains materials for all K-8 grade levels and includes picture books, children’s “chapter” books and young adult titles. This database includes both fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Library2Go – Download audiobooks, e-books, and videos from this statewise consortium. Just browsing through the titles may inspire you to find that title in regular print at the Library.
- Reference Desk – You can always ask a librarian at the Reference Desk. If you are looking for children’s or teen titles, check with staff at the Children’s Reference Desk. Call 503-682-2744 for more information.
Questions? Then you know who to call: Reference at 503-682-2744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s the last week of events for the Summer Reading Program, and we are featuring animals (and rockets and water balloons).
- Summer Reading Celebration (Thurs. 7/28 from 11AM-1PM). The Reptile Man returns at 11:00 AM for a performance in Murase Plaza at Memorial Park. Then at noon, Mad Science will have a Rocket Shoot-off. Bring your lunch and join us for the fun!
- “You Were There” Teen Summer Reading Program Party (Thurs. 7/28 from 4-6 PM). As our summer journey comes to an end, we celebrate at the park with a picnic, new games, and Wilsonville’s largest annual water fight.
- (Final) Friday Movie Matinee (Fri. 7/29 from 12-1PM). IMAX takes us to Africa to see the Great Migration in Kenya and Tanzania – lions, cheetahs, and wildebeests, oh my! Does your lunch look anything like theirs? Bring yours and find out.
For more information, contact the Library at 503-682-2744 or visit our website: www.wilsonvillelibrary.org.
It’s a week filled with songs and stories at the Library:
- Stories and Songs with Terri and Sheila (Monday at 6:30 p.m.)
- Toddler Time (Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.)
- Babytime (Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.)
- Preschool Stories and Science (there may be some singing involved) (Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
- Brad Clark “Around the World in 8 Stories” (a musical journey around the world) (Thursday at 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.)
- “You are at the Library after dark” Teen program (maybe some scary ghost stories?) (Thursday from 9:00-11:00 p.m.)
- Friday Movie Matinee featuring Johnny Depp in a story that goes down the rabbit hole (Friday at noon)
For more information, contact the Library at 503-682-2744 or email@example.com.