There are easier ways to suspend a hold
Going on vacation and don’t want your videos on hold to arrive while you are gone? Or maybe you are still in the middle of a book (that looks like it will take awhile to finish) and you aren’t ready for any more books on hold to arrive?
Then suspend your hold!
When you suspend your hold, your hold is still in place, and you will still move up in the waiting list, but the item will not be delivered to your library until you unsuspend the hold.
How to suspend a hold:
- Log in to your account at www.lincc.org
- Click on the “My Account” tab
- Click on “Holds”
- Select the items you want to suspend by clicking in the box next to the title. If you want to suspend all of your holds, then check the box at the top of the list next to “All”.
- Scroll down and click on “Suspend selected holds.”
- OPTIONAL: set the dates for when the suspension starts and ends. (This is handy if you don’t want to have to remember to go back in to your account to activate your holds.)
- Click the button “Suspend selected holds.”
Of course, you can also call the Library at 503-682-2744 and have one of our staff do this for you as well.
Happy Travels and Reading!
You don’t have to come to the library to use the library!
Thanks to the magic of the internet (and library subscriptions), you can access online services like these for free from anywhere with an internet connection (home, work, school, coffee shop) :
Want to catch up on your favorite magazines, like Entertainment Weekly, Newsweek, The New Yorker, or People ? Search the Popular Magazines database. And there are even more! See everything there is available on the LINCC Online Resources page.
For more information, contact the Reference Desk at 503-682-2744.
Free audiobook (and video) downloads are available online and all you need is your LINCC library card!
Our service is part of a consortium, which allows library patrons statewide to download and play audiobooks and selected video programming. Many of them can be transferred to iPods and other MP3 players for use away from the computer.
To access these materials you will need:
- A valid LINCC library card.
- Access to the Internet (High speed not required, but better!).
- Free digital book software for a PC: OverDrive Media Console available from the Library2Go website below.
Try it in 4 easy steps. On the Overdrive/Library2Go website:
- On your home, school, or work PC, download, install and register the Overdrive Media Console software.
- Select audiobooks to download.
- Check your audiobooks out using your library card. (When asked for your “library”, the correct response is actually your library consortium, which is LINCC).
- Download and enjoy!
All set? Click on the link below to go the the Overdrive (aka Library2Go) website:
For children’s audiobooks:
For teen audiobooks:
As always, the library staff is happy to help you sort through any confusing details by phone: 503-682-2744, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.