The Library is closing early due to snow and worsening road conditions. We will monitor the weather to make a determination for opening tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvenience..
Pat Duke, Library Director
Because of the weather, the Booknotes Concert scheduled for 2 pm today has been CANCELLED.
We apologize for the inconvenience..
It is 8:00 am, the ground is dry and the temp is 33 degrees. So, at this point, the Library will be open regular hours: 10am to 6pm. We’ll monitor conditions through the day.
As long as you are out and about, drop by the Library at 2 pm for this month’s Booknotes concert. The Wilsonville High School String Ensemble will perform. Don’t miss these talented youth.
Also, Spanish Storytime starts at 11:30 am. Children and their caregivers are invited to this special bilingual storytime with special guest Claudia Renata. Enjoy stories, puppets, and improvisation!
So you just finished that novel you had been looking forward to, and now your nightstand is bare, with a single bookmark begging to fulfill its calling. What to do? Find that next great read with one (or more!) of these ways:
- Novelist - Take a wander through this online database of librarian recommended books. Includes Author Read-alikes – lesser known authors who write similarly to the big name ones.
- Best Sellers Lists – If it’s a bestseller, it has to be good, right? Well, at least it’s being talked about. Get in on the conversation!
- Award Winners Lists – Someone thought these were books of merit. Read them and see for yourself.
- Staff recommendations (in-person)- The next time you’re in the Library, take a look at the Obelisk (or Pyramid – we can’t decide what to call it) by the Reference Desk. The books on display there are for you to check out.
- Staff recommendations (blog) – We’ll post our recommendations here, and even lists of what we’re reading right now.
- New arrivals (online) – Take a look at what’s really new at the Library! Includes fiction, non-fiction, and audiobooks, as well as DVDs.
- New arrivals (in-person) – Stop by the New Books shelves when you come into the Library. I know I always find something fascinating from those shelves!
We hope you find a great book, and if you are still stumped, give our Ultimate Search Engines (i.e. reference librarians) a shot. They are more than happy to help!
Trying to adjust that timing belt, and it’s not going right? Looking for your car’s maintenance schedule? Check the online Chilton manual and keep your car happy.
Manuals are available for vehicles manufactured from 1940-2008, by companies ranging from Acura to Volvo. Some manuals are rather limited (e.g. only the manintenance schedule), while other manuals include anything you could want to know, from electrical wiring diagrams to videos on how to make the repairs.
The Chilton manuals are available online, so you can view them from anywhere you can get on the internet – home, the office, even the library. And you can print the manuals, too!
Chilton Online Auto Repair Manuals are available to Wilsonville Public Library patrons. Give it a look!
Do you want to?
Learning languages is easy and free with Mango. All you have to do is visit the Library website and go to “Online Databases” > “Learn Languages Online”. Registration and use is free, and Mango will even keep track of your online learning of these languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Mandarin Chinese
Give Mango a try today!
What is Babytime? Glad you asked!
Babytime is our new weekly program for babies ages 0-12 months and their caregivers. Every Tuesday morning from 10:30-11:00 a.m., our super Youth Services Staff sing songs, teach rhymes, and play games that get babies ready to learn.
Babytime is free, so drop in Tuesday mornings and join the fun!
For more information, contact the Youth Services Department at 503-570-1592 or by email.
Posted in Services