Prizes have been mailed to winners. This summer’s prizes included gift certificates to Abella Italian Kitchen, Dar Essalam, The Loop Café, McCormick and Schmick’s, McMenamins, and Powell’s Books, as well as pairs of movie passes to Regal Cinemas.
All prizes and supplies were purchased with funds graciously provided by the Friends of the Wilsonville Library. Stop by their used bookstore “Twice Sold Tales” in the Library lobby and say “Thanks!”
Some fun facts from this summer:
Number of participants: 68 (2011 ASRP was 53).
-received first book reviews in Spanish
-had first participants whose parents had been participants
-had first book of poetry to reach the Top 5 most read books
Most number of submissions: 69.
Most popular books read by participants (in order of popularity):
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
3. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou (maybe because it was the shortest book of poetry? i.e. for the Tic-Tac-Toe square for “Poetry”)
Can’t get enough reading? Then stay tuned for the 2nd annual Adult Winter Reading Program starting in January.
For more information, contact the Library at 503-682-2744 or email@example.com.