So you just finished that novel you had been looking forward to, and now your nightstand is bare, with a single bookmark begging to fulfill its calling. What to do? Find that next great read with one (or more!) of these ways:
- Novelist - Take a wander through this online database of librarian recommended books. Includes Author Read-alikes – lesser known authors who write similarly to the big name ones.
- Best Sellers Lists – If it’s a bestseller, it has to be good, right? Well, at least it’s being talked about. Get in on the conversation!
- Award Winners Lists – Someone thought these were books of merit. Read them and see for yourself.
- Staff recommendations (in-person)- The next time you’re in the Library, take a look at the Obelisk (or Pyramid – we can’t decide what to call it) by the Reference Desk. The books on display there are for you to check out.
- Staff recommendations (blog) – We’ll post our recommendations here, and even lists of what we’re reading right now.
- New arrivals (online) – Take a look at what’s really new at the Library! Includes fiction, non-fiction, and audiobooks, as well as DVDs.
- New arrivals (in-person) – Stop by the New Books shelves when you come into the Library. I know I always find something fascinating from those shelves!
We hope you find a great book, and if you are still stumped, give our Ultimate Search Engines (i.e. reference librarians) a shot. They are more than happy to help!